Thanks to all those who were able to attend last week’s AGM. The formal minutes will be sent to band members, but here are the main headlines for those who couldn’t make it:
- There are currently 35 playing members in the Concert (Monday) band
- We performed 11 concerts in 2018/19
- The Charity Concert in May raised over £550 (in ticket sales and donations) for the Fire Fighters Charity
- There was support from band members for a similar pattern of gigs: one major event as a charity raiser, plus the familiar mix of park concerts and care homes. The aim will be to focus on one repertoire, for the season.
- There were slight changes to the wording of our constitution, to bring it into line with the Service’s non gender-specific practice
- The Jim Churchill award was presented to Ian Taylor (alto sax)
- The committee for 2019/2020 will be chaired by Katharine Evans, the hon secretary will be Phil Ashby
- The subs for Monday band members (which are now due for payment) are £50, £25 for retired members. Wed band subs are as last year.